Saint Elisha

Place Category: Monasteries

  • Profile

    His day is on the 14th of June of each year.
    The old monastery: it does back to an undetermined era, it consists of a cave carved in the rock, situated on a high cliff in the north side of the Quadisha valley beneath Bcharri.
    Transformed into a monastery to host the earlier priest, the first to resident the monastery is the priest BOUTROS in 1315. in 1696 the monastery was expanded and a free school was established, teaching Arabic and Aramaic.
    The new monastery: as an extension the the old monastery, and during the epoch of father DARIAN AL-ACHKOUTY, the mission of building a new monastery was held to priest GERMANOS AL-DLEBTAWI. Upon its completion in 1797, the monks moved to the new monastery.

  • Map

    No Records Found

    Sorry, no record were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.

    Google Map Not Loaded

    Sorry, unable to load Google Maps API.

  • Reviews

    Sorry - Comments are closed