Place Category: Monasteries
His name is “SHABO” or “SABA” meaning “the young” in old languages. His day is on the 5th of December of each year.
The old church: during the crusades, the priest “BASILIOUS THE BSHARRIOT” had three daughters, MARIA, SALOMEH and TAKLA. MARIA build the church in the village centre and Saint SABA became the village intercessor.
The church has been renovated many times over the time, and when it was too small for the large number of believers, Priest ANTONIOS RAHME decided to enlarge it in 1869.
The Cathedral: built by the Patriarch MAR ANTOUN BOUTROS ARIDA in 1954, its external architecture has the form of a cross, blessing the village and its four corners.On top, a dome carrying a cross, and two towers carrying a cross 53 meters high.
Sorry - Comments are closed